If you click on one of my recommended item links and then place an order through Amazon, I receive a small commission on that sale, at no extra expense to you.
BAKED HONEY LIME CILANTRO SALMON
Moist flavorful salmon and your choice of vegetables will make this a favorite to create over and over again!
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 Tbsp. lime, juice
- 4 Tbsp. honey
- 6 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 pound wild salmon fillet, cut in 2 pieces or two Costco Wild Salmon Frozen fillets (5-7 ounces each)
- Vegetables you can choose from. Mix and match for 3 cups of:
Bell peppers cut into thin strips
Broccoli cut into 1-2 inch
Butternut squash peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
Yellow summer squash cut into ½-inch thick slices
- Place the oil, lime juice, honey, cilantro, garlic and 1 tsp salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl and stir.
- Make a foil tray for the salmon. (Fold foil sides and ends up 2 inches to resemble a cookie sheet with a lip). See photo below. Spray with cooking oil spray.
- Cut up your vegetables and place in a medium bowl. Stir the cilantro lime mixture and put HALF on the vegetables. Toss well.
- Heat the oven to 400 F or turn on a barbecue grill.
- Place the salmon on the foil and place the packet on a baking sheet, pat the salmon dry, season with salt and pepper, spread with the remaining HALF of the cilantro and lime mixture.
- Spread the vegetables around the salmon on the baking sheet outside the foil.
- Bake in a preheated 400 F oven or on a barbecue grill until just cooked, about 12-16 minutes. Use a digital meat thermometer. Remove the tray from the oven when the salmon 130 degrees in the center.
- If the vegetables are not done to your liking, simply transfer the salmon to a plate and return peppers to the oven until roasted to how you’d like.