Roasted Cauliflower with Fennel and Smoked Paprika
And don’t skip the SMOKED paprika. This spice brings a unique deep, smoky aroma and taste to everything it touches. I think it’s an incredibly versatile ingredient to have in your pantry. Sprinkle on barbecued or baked chicken, fish, pork, potatoes and rice. Sprinkle on deviled eggs and spiced nuts. Use it to add depth to paella, arroz con pollo, sautéed greens, beans, and vegetarian soups and stews. Here is a rub recipe that I often use that contains Smoked Paprika.
And the combination of spices I use in this recipe would be fantastic to use on chicken.
- 1 head cauliflower (about 2 pounds), cut into bite-size florets (about 8 cups)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground fennel seeds, grind fennel seeds with a mortar and pestle or use ground fennel seed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ -1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- In a small bowl, mix ground fennel, smoked paprika, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- In a large bowl, mix the cauliflower with the olive oil. Use clean hands to coat the cauliflower with the oil.
- Wash your hands to remove the oil and then sprinkle the cauliflower with the spice mix and use a rubber spatula or spoon to stir and coat the cauliflower.
- Transfer the cauliflower to the baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven, until tender and golden, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve.