This is a delicious dinner menu. This is special enough that it could be served to guests, a Sunday night supper, or a romantic dinner for two.
Be sure to make enough so that you have leftovers for the next day. Package your leftovers like this so all you have to do is pop it in the microwave for a super quick meal.
Dish up leftovers like this!
Sweet Chili Brussels Sprouts
Roast Pork Loin with Garlic and Rosemary Crust
Miso Wild and Brown Rice Pilaf
Raspberry Ricotta Microwave Mug Cake
Are you looking for the perfect easy small dessert? Raspberry Ricotta Microwave Mug Cake is exactly what you need! This mug cake recipe is AMAZING and is made with a few simple ingredients.
Mug cakes are so wonderful because you just stir together a few ingredients in a mug cup, pop it in the microwave and then enjoy. It’s that easy. And the ricotta in this recipe keeps the cake tender and moist; some microwave cake recipes yield a cake that is tough.
These are my favorite mugs for mug cakes. They are simple in large capacity and simple in design so it spotlights the dessert.
- 1 ½ tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- powdered sugar for dusting top, optional
Put the melted butter, maple syrup, egg and ricotta in a 14 to 16 ounce microwave-safe ceramic mug. Blend thoroughly with a fork. Add the flour and blend just until combined. Sprinkle raspberries on top.
Microwave on high for *2 minutes. The mug will be very hot after cooking in the microwave. Remove with a hot pad. Dust with powdered sugar and serve.
Serves 1 generously.
*Note: The strength of microwaves varies. The first time you make this recipe, be prepared to experiment a bit to determine the perfect length of baking time. Start out microwaving the cake for 1 minute 30 seconds and, if necessary, add 15-second increments at a time from there.
Arugula, Beet, Walnut and Goat Cheese Salad
• 1/3 cup Lemon Juice
• 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 1 tsp Kosher salt
• 1 tsp Sugar
1. Combine all ingredients in glass jar and shake well. Taste. Adjust seasoning. Depending on the strength of the lemon, you might have to add more oil. Can be stored in the refrigerator.
• 5 oz Arugula
• 6 oz Cooked Red beets * peeled, cut thinly on a mandoline and julienned
• 2 fl oz Lemon Vinaigrette
• 3 oz Goat Cheese
• 2 oz. Walnuts, rough chopped and toasted
1. In a large bowl, combine arugula, beets, and dressing and toss.
2. Neatly pile on chilled salad plates
3. Top with goat cheese and walnuts
If you don’t have a mandoline. You need one. This is such a time saver. This mandoline gets great reviews!
Cooked Beets Directions:
To cook beets, scrub them well, cut off the top and the stem tip. Wrap in foil and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees F until tender. This takes about 45-60 minutes. Remove from the oven, unwrap the foil and let them cool. Using a paper towel, rub the outside to remove the skin. They can be made the day before making the salad.