Lime and Cilantro Chicken Salad
Inspired by the Nordstrom Grill
This salad offers an explosion of colors, flavors and textures. It’s a party in your mouth!
Instead of chicken you can use cooked shrimp.
- 1/3 C seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 C lime juice
- 1 tsp garlic
- 2 tsps chipotle chilies in adobo sauce, chopped small
- 2 tsps honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 C canola oil
- 1 C cilantro, chopped
Add all dressing ingredients except cilantro to a food processor or blender and blend. Add in cilantro and pulse to combine. Pour into a large glass jar and refrigerate.
- 1 pound romaine lettuce or mixed greens, chopped
- 1 to 2 cups tomato, chopped
- ½ cup roasted red pepper, chopped
- 3 ears of corn, shucked, grilled or boiled and cut off the cob
- 2 cups (8 ounces Monterey jack cheese), shredded. For more spice use a Pepper Jack Cheese. You can also substitute Mozzarella or Colby.
- 1 ¼ pounds grilled chicken, cut up into bite sized pieces
- ¾ cup pumpkin seeds
Combine all the salad ingredients in a bowl and toss with the dressing.
You can also make a platter salad by layering the items in order above on a large platter and then drizzle dressing over it.