If you click on one of my recommended item links and then place an order through Amazon, I receive a small commission on that sale, at no extra expense to you.
This easy chicken fajita recipe will soon be a favorite of your family’s, just like it is in my house.
I serve these fajitas along with either:
Allow 1- 4 hours (but not more or the chicken will get mushy) for the chicken to marinade.
- 3 Tablespoons canola or olive oil, divided
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika, use smoked paprika if you have it
- Optional for additional spiciness: 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flake
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast or cut into thin strips or 8 Costco Chicken tenderloins
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, julienned
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed. I like Mission Organic Whole Wheat Tortillas
- Serve with your choice of: shredded reduced fat Mexican or cheddar cheese or Cotija cheese, salsa, pico de gallo, sliced radishes, pickled red onion, lime wedges, avocado chunks, guacamole or reduced fat or light sour cream.
- In a large bowl, combine oil, lemon juice and seasonings; add the chicken. Turn to coat; cover. Refrigerate for 1-4 hours.
- In a large skillet, add 1 tablespoon oil. Sauté the peppers and onions until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook chicken over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Return peppers and onions to pan and heat through.
- Warm the tortillas. I like this tortilla warmer found on Amazon. Spoon filling down the center of tortillas; fold in half. Serve with toppings as desired.
RV, Boat or Camping Instructions
12 x 10 Aluminum Pan
Combine salt, pepper and spices in a small jar.