If you click on one of my recommended item links and then place an order through Amazon, I receive a small commission on that sale, at no extra expense to you.
This easy chicken fajita recipe will soon be a favorite of your family’s, just like it is in my house.
I serve these fajitas along with either:
Allow 1-4 hours (but not more) for the chicken to marinade.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika, use smoked paprika if you have it
- Optional for additional spiciness: 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast or tenderloin, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Serve with your choice of shredded cheddar cheese or Cotija cheese, salsa, pico de gallo, sliced radishes, pickled red onion, lime wedges, guacamole and sour cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice and seasonings; add the chicken. Turn to coat; cover. Refrigerate for 1-4 hours.
- In a large skillet, add remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Sauté the peppers and onions until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook chicken over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Return pepper mixture to pan; heat through.
- Spoon filling down the center of tortillas; fold in half. Serve with toppings as desired.