If you click on one of my recommended item links and then place an order through Amazon, I receive a small commission on that sale, at no extra expense to you.
Easy Perfect Microwave Steamed Green Beans
These beans are perfect and delicious every time! I like to make these when I have a lot of items cooking on the stove for a holiday dinner or a dinner party and can utilize the microwave.
The beans can be washed, cut into pieces, water added and covered with plastic wrap ahead of time, simplifying dinner prep.
*Please be very careful removing the plastic wrap from the hot green beans. There is a lot of steam build up and I can tell you from experience that it can burn your hands.
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of butter Add two tablespoons of water to the dish and place a microwave safe plate on top.
- Snap off the stems of the green beans. Cut them into 2 inch pieces. Rinse them well to clean them to clean them and then and place them in a microwave safe dish with 2 tablespoons of water. Cover tightly with plastic wrap.
- Microwave on high for 8 minutes. Carefully remove plastic wrap (careful: the steam will be hot), test and see if they are as tender as you would like them. (The exact time will depend on your microwave wattage. Mine is 1000 Watts). If the beans aren’t tender, recover and microwave another 2-3 minutes. Experiment with the timing and then make note of that for next time you make them.
- Remove from the microwave, drain the water and sprinkle with a teaspoon of soy sauce and add a tablespoon of butter, letting it melt over the top. Mix well and serve.
Prep Time 10 mins Cook Time 5-12 mins Total Time 15-22 mins