I am by no means endorsing this dessert as “healthy” but when you want a fail-proof, make-ahead, luscious party dessert that your guests will gush over, this is the one to make. I promise you, it will not disappoint!
I’ve modified a few ingredients and it tastes just like Paula’s original recipe.
Not Yo’ Mama’s Banana Pudding Recipe by Paula Deen
Reduced Calorie Reduced Fat Version
- 1 (12 oz) container reduced fat (Lite) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (8 oz) package reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 (5 oz) box instant French vanilla, Vanilla or Banana pudding mix
- 6 large or 8 small ripe bananas, sliced
- 2 bags Pepperidge Farms Chessmen cookies
Line the bottom of a 13x9x2-inch dish with 1 bag of cookies and layer bananas on top.
In a bowl, combine the milk and pudding mix and blend well using a handheld electric mixer.
Using another large bowl, combine the cream cheese and condensed milk together and mix until smooth.
Fold the whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture.
Add the cream cheese mixture to the pudding mixture and stir until well blended.
Pour the mixture over the cookies and bananas. Using a spatula, spread the filling evenly and press the filling down so that it fills around the bananas. This doesn’t have to be perfect.
Cover with the remaining cookies. Leave an even amount of space between cookies.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.