Affiliate Disclosure: If you click on one of my recommended item links and then place an order through Amazon, I receive a small commission on that sale, at no extra expense to you of course. This is a way to support me and my work every time you shop at no cost to you. Your purchase helps support my work in bringing you real information about health, fitness and wellness. Thank you!
Click on the Amazon banner below and it will take you directly to Amazon where you can shop normally. (You won’t see it if you are using Chrome so switch to another browser).
You can also support me by purchasing your Amazon products through a shortcut you create on your Iphone. Do you shop from your iPhone? To make it easy, create an icon on your home screen for purchasing through my Amazon affiliate link.
- Go to one of my blogs or for simplicity http://www.myactivenutrition.com/blog/shop-amazon/
- At the bottom of your phone click on “add to home screen”.
- Change the shortcut name to something like “Shop Maria’s Amazon”
- Look on your home screen to see if the shortcut is there.
- Next time you want to shop on Amazon, go to that shortcut! Thank you!
- Go to one of my blogs, then in phone menu top right (three vertical dots) select add to home screen.
I can offer you access to a world of life-changing products that are safer for your home and innovative nutritional supplements. Contact me for more information.
BAKED HONEY LIME CILANTRO SALMON
Moist flavorful salmon and your choice of vegetables will make this a favorite to create over and over again!
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 Tbsp. lime, juice
- 4 Tbsp. honey
- 6 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 pound wild salmon fillet, cut in 2 pieces or two Costco Wild Salmon Frozen fillets (5-7 ounces each)
- Vegetables you can choose from. Mix and match for 3 cups of:
Bell peppers cut into thin strips
Broccoli cut into 1-2 inch
Butternut squash peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
Yellow summer squash cut into ½-inch thick slices
- Place the oil, lime juice, honey, cilantro, garlic and 1 tsp salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl and stir.
- Make a foil tray for the salmon. (Fold foil sides and ends up 2 inches to resemble a cookie sheet with a lip). See photo below. Spray with cooking oil spray.
- Cut up your vegetables and place in a medium bowl. Stir the cilantro lime mixture and put HALF on the vegetables. Toss well.
- Heat the oven to 400 F or turn on a barbecue grill.
- Place the salmon on the foil and place the packet on a baking sheet, pat the salmon dry, season with salt and pepper, spread with the remaining HALF of the cilantro and lime mixture.
- Spread the vegetables around the salmon on the baking sheet outside the foil.
- Bake in a preheated 400 F oven or on a barbecue grill until just cooked, about 12-16 minutes. Use a digital meat thermometer. Remove the tray from the oven when the salmon 130 degrees in the center.
- If the vegetables are not done to your liking, simply transfer the salmon to a plate and return peppers to the oven until roasted to how you’d like.