If you click on one of my recommended item links and then place an order through Amazon, I receive a small commission on that sale, at no extra expense to you.
Serve with bread: After you put the seafood in the soup, preheat grill or oven broiler to medium-high. Spread cut slices of bread with olive oil and lightly salt. Place on grill.Grill 2-3 minutes or until golden. Watch carefully so it doesn’t burn.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 Leek chopped, save some of the fronds for garnish
- 1 small fennel bulb, core and chop
- Leek split in half lengthwise and then split each half in half
- 1 large pinch saffron, soaked in 2 tablespoons orange juice for 10 minutes (optional)
- 1 orange zested and 2 Tbps orange juice
- 2 (14-ounce) cans whole peeled tomatoes, in juice
- 8 oz bottle clam juice
- 1 cup stock
- Trader Joe’s Seafood Blend of shrimp calamari and bay scallops
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy pot over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, leeks, and fennel and sauté until tender, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the saffron, orange zest, tomatoes, stock and clam juice.
- Bring to a boil and cook until the liquid is reduced by about half, about 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the seafood and parsley. Stir, reduce heat, cook until seafood is cooked, about 2 minutes. Do not overcook the seafood or it will be tough.