If you click on one of my recommended item links and then place an order through Amazon, I receive a small commission on that sale, at no extra expense to you.
Healthier Version of the Classic Pea Salad with Frozen Peas
- 1/4 cup reduced fat or olive oil mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. reduced fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2- 12 ounce frozen peas (4 cups), defrosted and patted dry with paper towel
- 1/2 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/ cup diced shallot, green onion or red onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all dressing ingredients: mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar and vinegar in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add peas, cheese and onion to the bowl and gently stir.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.