Nutrition Counseling and Medical Nutrition Therapy
Medical Nutrition Therapy
Many medical conditions require changes in your diet. Maria can help you understand your special diet and how to live with it, and help you reduce medical complications.
- Heart disease, control of cholesterol and/or triglycerides: Learn about foods that help to lower cholesterol, and lower your risk of heart disease.
- Hypertension: Find out how you can help reduce your blood pressure with or without medication.
- Diabetes: Learn about the diet and exercise changes you can make to reduce your dependence on medication for Type 2 diabetes and how to reduce your risk of heart disease, the leading cause of death in those with diabetes.
- Metabolic syndrome: Metabolic syndrome is a combination of abdominal obesity, elevated triglycerides, low HDL cholesterol, and/or high blood pressure. It is associated with increased risks for developing cardiovascular disease and type 2 diabetes. It can be reversed through diet and other lifestyle changes.
- Pediatric and adolescent nutrition: Programs for weight control, eating for sports performance or getting a picky eater to eat.
- Other Medical Conditions: support for managing medical conditions such as Crohn's disease, celiac disease, ulcerative colitis.
- Maria stays abreast of all current information concerning medical nutrition therapy by attending regular conferences. These provide her with state of the art knowledge, delivered by top professors of Nutrition, Pediatrics, Pharmacology, Medicine, and Alternative Medicine from major Universities. Her plans are based on solid research, published in peer-reviewed journals.
Maria Faires, RD will guide you in eliminating fad diets by providing medically and scientifically backed strategies that are both realistic and convenient. She will help you develop an integrated strategy to maximize your nutrition and learn to live an optimally healthy lifestyle.
For wellness and prevention, healthy eating plans will keep your energy level high and keep you meeting your needs. Healthy Nutrition Plans are also available for athletes and vegetarians.You can get a complete in-depth nutrition assessment or a nutrition check-up just to be sure that your diet is meeting your nutritional and lifestyle needs.
- Body Fat Testing
- Phone or On-Line Virtual Consultations
- Lectures, Seminars, Group Classes
- Pantry Make Over -- Redo the cupboards and the refrigerator with healthy foods.
- Supermarket Tours -- Learn what to look for in the grocery store to make it easy to eat fast and healthfully.
Scheduling Nutrition Consults
Nutrition consults give you the information you need. Nutrition is an essential part of overall health and fitness. Knowing about nutrition isn't always enough: you have to learn how to apply it to your life and how to change your eating patterns. Nutrition consults can be scheduled at my studio, virtually or in your home.
Please contact Maria Faires, RD for information on the services and fees that meet your needs.Take the First Step Today!