Pre and Post-Rehab Fitness Programs
More than just a personal trainer, Maria is a nutrition, exercise, diet and weight loss consultant with the experience and knowledge to help you reach your fitness goals and maximize your results. Her comprehensive education and experience as a Registered Dietitian, Master Certified Personal Trainer and Certified Medical Exercise Specialist contributes to a synergy that produces superior results.
Maria earned a Bachelor’s degree from Whitworth University in Food and Nutrition and is also a Cum Laude graduate of Eastern Washington University with a second Bachelor's degree in Food, Nutrition and Dietetics. She completed her clinical training at Holy Family Hospital and Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane.
Prior to starting her current nutrition consulting practice, she worked as a Sports Dietitian and Lead Trainer for several health clubs, as a Director of Clinical Nutrition and Food Services for a medical facility, Nutrition Educator and Weight Loss Program Director for Group Health, and Nutrition Specialist for NutriSystem Weight Loss Clinic. Maria is also an American Council on Exercise Certified Master Personal Trainer and Advanced Health and Fitness Specialist.
You can also view detailed information on Maria's personal training certifications as well as her health and fitness qualifications.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Food and Nutrition; Whitworth University, 1987
- Bachelor’s Degree, Food, Nutrition and Dietetics; Cum Laude, Eastern Washington University, 1989
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Registered Dietitian. Passed the national examination administered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration, 1989
- Certified Personal Trainer, American Council on Exercise (ACE), 2001
- Advanced Health and Fitness Specialist (ACE), now called Certified Medical Exercise Specialist, an advanced certification for those with a four year degree. Recipients must understand the complex interactions between exercise and certain medical conditions, such as diabetes, heart disease or high blood pressure and demonstrate the ability to work with individuals who have special clinical needs. She specializes in medical exercise training which is the development of safe and effective exercise programming for people with medical concerns. 2004
- CPR, AED, First Aid and Mountain Outdoor First Aid certified.
- Master Trainer - This is a distinction given to fitness professionals who have a college degree in a related field, who have over 10 years’ experience in the industry and undertake advanced training.
- Center for Science in the Public Interest member since 1990.
- Extensive experience designing and implementing exercise and nutrition programs for healthy and high-risk individuals.