If you click on one of my recommended item links and then place an order through Amazon, I receive a small commission on that sale, at no extra expense to you.
Results of an 18 year study done on the prevalence of strength training related injuries:
- 82% of all injuries occurred in males
- 47% were 13-24 years of age
- Most injuries were sustained while using free weights
- People 45 and older had the highest increase in injuries in that 18 year period
- Those aged 55 and older usually sustained injuries from overexertion while using machines.
Before beginning a strength training program, it is important to consult with a health professional to create a safe personalized training program or injury can occur.
American Journal of Sports Med (2010; , 765-71).