If you click on one of my recommended item links and then place an order through Amazon, I receive a small commission on that sale, at no extra expense to you.
Easy Perfect Microwave Steamed Green Beans
These beans are perfect and delicious every time!
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of butter Add two tablespoons of water to the dish and place a microwave safe plate on top.
- Microwave on high for 6 minutes. Carefully remove plate (the steam will be hot), test and see if they are as tender as you would like them. (The exact time will depend on your microwave). If they aren’t tender, recover and microwave another 3 minutes.
- Remove from the microwave, drain the water and sprinkle with a teaspoon of soy sauce and add a tablespoon of butter, letting it melt over the top. Mix well and serve.
- Snap off the stems of the green beans. Cut them into 2 inch pieces. Rinse them well to clean them and then and place them in a microwave safe dish.
Prep Time 10 mins Cook Time 5-12 mins Total Time 15-22 mins