If you click on one of my recommended item links and then place an order through Amazon, I receive a small commission on that sale, at no extra expense to you.
Mediterranean Grilled Shrimp Skewers
You can also use this marinade for roasted vegetables.
Serves 4: about 9 shrimp a person
2 pounds shrimp (16-20), peeled and deveined, tail left on
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons finely chopped Italian parsley (if you don’t have this don’t worry, it will still be good without)
2 teaspoons dried oregano
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flake, or more for spicier
- Mix together marinade ingredients in a large bowl.
- Place shrimp in a resealable plastic bag and mix in about 2/3 of the sauce, reserving 1/3 for serving. Stir until shrimp are evenly coated with the sauce. Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining sauce.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers (pierce each twice, once through the thicker part of the shrimp, once through smaller part). Place skewers on hot grill. Cook on each side until shrimp are bright pink and opaque and exterior is beginning to caramelize, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer skewers to serving platter. Spoon sauce over shrimp.
Note: If you want to add a vegetable, zucchini would be the best option since it cooks the fastest. Pineapple chunks or small cherry or grape tomatoes would be good too.
To take camping or sailing, premake marinade and put in a glass jar. Put frozen shrimp into a large resealable plastic bag and put into the cooler frozen.