If you click on one of my recommended item links and then place an order through Amazon, I receive a small commission on that sale, at no extra expense to you.
Lots of vegetables add flavor, color and nutrient-dense, low-calorie volume to this flavorful and satisfying pilaf.
I like to add miso because it enhances the flavor. If you don’t have it, just add salt and pepper to taste. And if you do choose to purchase it, try these Miso Sweet Potatoes. And you also must try this dressing for your grain or buddha bowls Miso Lime Dressing.
Miso Wild and Brown Rice Pilaf
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked wild rice find at Trader Joe’s or buy here from Amazon.
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken or vegetable broth (I used Swanson’s Reduced Sodium Chicken Broth)
- 1 ½ tablespoons white miso
- 1 1/4 cups uncooked Trader Joe’s Brown Rice Medley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet or pan with lid.
Add onion, carrots, celery, mushrooms and garlic and cook until tender.
Add wild rice, broth and miso and stir to dissolve the miso. Heat to a boil.
Cover and cook over low heat for 15 minutes.
Add Brown Rice Medley.
Cover and cook over low heat for 35 minutes or until done.
Stir in parsley.