If you click on one of my recommended item links and then place an order through Amazon, I receive a small commission on that sale, at no extra expense to you.
Tex-Mex Quinoa, Black Beans & Corn Salad
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 green or red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced or halved
- 1 cup black beans (if canned, drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro, stems removed and roughly chopped. Some saved for garnish.
- ½ cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 2 green onions, trimmed and roughly chopped (optional)
Use the recipe for this Southwest Bean Salad here
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Let quinoa cool. This step can be done 1 day in advance.
- In a large bowl combine the bell pepper, tomatoes, black beans, cilantro, and corn. Set aside and refrigerate until quinoa has cooled.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- Once quinoa is cooled add the quinoa to the bowl of vegetables. Add the dressing and toss gently to coat.
- Top with avocado and green onions and extra cilantro if you wish.